Under the general direction and guidance of the Director, Shared Services, the Leadership Giving Specialist is responsible for outreach to current leadership-level workplace donors (those who give $1,000 or more annually) which will enhance the donor’s connection and lifetime loyalty to United Way. The Leadership Giving Specialist will also build and cultivate Leadership Campaigns within key workplace accounts.
This is a junior-level fundraising position ideal for candidates interested in eventual growth into a Major Gifts Officer role.
- Cultivate relationships with existing corporate leadership donors by conducting professional and personable outreach calls.
- Develop and implement Leadership Campaigns, including special events and membership programs, within key corporate Workplace accounts.
- Assist in managing, implementing, and executing Leadership Campaigns across top Workplace accounts to ensure exceptional donor experience.
- Partner closely with Development teams (including Major Accounts and Major Gifts), Marketing, Community Impact and the workplace in the production, design, and promotion of Leadership Giving programs.
- Provide overall support to Development teams with customized, year-round strategies for Leadership Giving campaigns within key corporate Workplace accounts.
- Monitor and document activity within computer database and filing systems, using protocols established by pledge processing.
- Successfully articulate the organization's mission, vision, and values to other stakeholders and collaborators.
- With the Major Accounts Managers, set annual monetary goals for Leadership Giving in the workplace.
- Maintain knowledge of local competition and general industry trends.
- Provide United Way information to the public and manage special projects as assigned.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a professional, fast-paced work environment.
- Experience in sales and/or fundraising is highly preferred.
- Experience in a non-profit environment is a plus.
- Must have demonstrated leadership ability as well as strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess a natural executive presence and be able to interact with all levels of corporate and community leaders.
- Must be a true team player and able to work collaboratively with all organizational levels.
- Must be meticulously organized and detail oriented.
- Must be unafraid to ask for money and able to close a deal.
- Must demonstrate solid time management and be able to successfully manage multiple priorities.
- Must be able to exercise initiative, independent good judgment, flexibility, discretion, and solid decision making.
- Must have flexibility with scheduling, including occasional evenings, weekends or early mornings.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
Interested candidates please email a cover letter, resume, and salary history, with the "Leadership Giving Specialist” position title in the subject line, to Hiring Recruiter at [email protected].
No phone calls please.
United Way of Greater Los Angeles is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or status as a veteran. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs.