Under the general direction and guidance of the Director of Public Sector and Labor, the Labor Liaison Manager will build fundraising capacity by working in partnership with Labor, Labor Leadership, union membership and key Labor Councils in Los Angeles to increase revenue and employee participation in key annual workplace campaign accounts for the United Way of Greater Los Angeles. The Labor Liaison Manager will develop and implement effective engagement and stewardship strategies for key workplace campaign accounts to clearly demonstrate the value of the labor partnership with the United Way. Additionally, the Labor Liaison will participate in donor recognition and donor engagement events and represent UWGLA in the community.
- Establish relationships with key Union Leaders and their representatives and build relationships through quarterly meetings; get sign-off on concrete goals to increase campaign participation.
- Leverage the Labor Community Services agency to develop joint plans for opening new relationships with Labor.
- Identify key contacts within key divisions/departments and hand off those relationships to the Workplace Trainer who will implement quarterly trainings on the value of donating to the United Way.
- Approve campaign rally schedule and ensure Director of Shared Services provides the necessary resources to support.
- Develop year-round partnership plans for accounts with significant Labor/Union participation with Union Leadership and their representatives.
- Maintain good relationship with representatives of both management and labor in assigned areas to raise the maximum dollars possible;
- Represent Labor and align with partners across the organization including Community Impact, Development, and Marketing and other related areas.
- Maintain records and provide progress reports on Labor’s pledges to annual workplace campaigns.
- Maintain a current understanding of and be able to articulate to customer/donors and the community at large, organized labor, with basic understanding of the local labor movement and its community allies, with relation to the local voluntary sector and UWGLA’s community impact model, focus area activities and results.
- Participate in internal and external committees/experiences to gain and keep current such understanding.
- Provide meaningful recognition of Labor’s participation in workplace campaigns.
- Participate and assist in organizing Labor related events and activities.
- Identity and develop new relationships with Labor for increased UWGLA exposure and donor support.
- Participate in donor recognition and donor engagement events, as needed.
- Provide United Way information to the public and manage special projects as assigned.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- General knowledge of organized Labor with specific knowledge and understanding of the local Labor movement and its community service programs.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 2 years of relevant work experience in fundraising/Unions/customer service.
- Proven fundraising, marketing and relationship skills.
- Experience working with volunteers and organizing.
- Proven planning, organizational and training skills.
- Excellent professional communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, to be a part of team, and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility with scheduling necessary, including occasional evenings, weekends or early evenings
Interested candidates please email a cover letter, resume, and salary history, with the “Labor Liaison Manager - Temporary” position title in the subject line, to Hiring Recruiter at recru[email protected].
No phone calls please.
United Way of Greater Los Angeles is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or status as a veteran. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs.