Emergency Food and Shelter National Board Program Received Notice of Funding Award
For Immediate Release
November 9th, 2021
Contact: Claire Catt, 360-430-6778
Washington State has been awarded Federal funds under the Emergency Food and Shelter National Board Program for Phase 37, Phase 38 and CARES.
Washington State Emergency Food and Shelter SSA Board has been notified there is an award for EFSP funds in the total amount of $1,237,506.
The selection was made by a National Board that is chaired by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and consists of representatives from The Salvation Army; American Red Cross; United Jewish Communities; Catholic Charities, USA; National Council of the Churches of Christ in the U.S. A.; and United Way of America which will provide the administrative staff and function as fiscal agent
A state-wide Board made up of representatives from United Way, American Red Cross, Salvation Army, Community Churches, Homeless and other community representatives will determine how the funds awarded to Washington State are to be distributed.
Under the terms of the grant from the National Board, local agencies chosen to receive funds must:
- Be private voluntary non-profits or units of government
- Be eligible to receive Federal funds
- Have an accounting system.
- Practice nondiscrimination and provide a copy of their policy on their letterhead.
- Have no previous noncompliance or returned funds via the emergency food and shelter program.
- Have demonstrated the capability to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs in Washington State.
- If they are a private voluntary organization, they must have a voluntary board.
- Organizations must have a regional service area.
- Have capacity to spend awarded funds by December 31st, 2021.
Qualifying organizations are urged to apply. Completed applications may be submitted by Friday, November 19th at 5:00pm.