Community Impact Department
Under the general direction and guidance of the Director, Homeless Initiatives, the Manager, Homeless Systems Change will be responsible for critical aspects of Home For Good, the initiative to create and sustain an end to homelessness in LA County, beginning with veterans and our chronically homeless neighbors. The Manager will be at the center of this inspiring and historic effort. The Manger will lead efforts to improve policies and performance in key systems to end homelessness in LA County.
We invite candidates to join together with our dynamic, innovative team of implementers. The work environment is fast-paced and energized, focused on continuous learning and improvement both internally and out in the field. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a deep passion for ending homelessness, possess a strong work-ethic, enjoy dynamic problem-solving, operate with a team & mission-first mindset, and exhibit a track record of cultivating easy, meaningful, and productive relationships with diverse partners.
Systems Change Leadership:
- Drive systems change and improved performance by identifying the most critical barriers and opportunities to moving someone from street/shelter to permanent housing.
- Develop and test innovative protocols and practices that resolve the identified barriers, and deploy these solutions up through systems and out through the field.
- Translate these system solutions to policy recommendations for key public agencies and providers in the Coordinated Entry System (CES), a platform that stiches together over 100 organizations working to end homelessness in Los Angeles County.
- Work with partners to implement solutions, track, and communicate ongoing progress toward these changes.
- Lead a team of 3-4 internal and external staff that will be working closely with community partners to strengthen ground-level homeless services operations (in CES), create system efficiencies, and spot real-time challenges and opportunities.
- Work with team to translate back and forth between these ground level experiences and policy protocols to eliminate the gap between promise and practice.
- Provide training and support to the team on continuous improvement, facilitation, and technical assistance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years work experience with at least 3 years of related experience in direct services, systems change or policy work. Proven ability to develop, manage, and evaluate efforts to end homelessness.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy, Social Work, Urban Planning or equivalent experience required. Master’s degree or equivalent advanced degree preferred.
- Expertise and background in policy, continuous improvement, and systems change strategies.
- Working knowledge of the root causes of and solutions to homelessness.
- Must have excellent relationship building skills, strong organization, and follow up skills.
- Demonstrated experience in project and/or initiative management.
- Demonstrated experience in policy development and program design.
- Demonstrated experience in internal and external collaboration, joint problem solving, and constructive team dynamics.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with all organizational levels within a diverse environment.
- Must be able to transfer thoughts and ideas into concrete, coherent actions, while applying continuous quality improvement processes to evaluate outcomes.
- Must be able to exercise initiative, independent good judgment, flexibility, discretion, and solid decision making.
- Must be able to utilize creative strategies to engage stakeholders and maintain effective working relationship with key stakeholders.
- Should possess strong interpersonal skills, written, and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to persuade small and large groups alike.
- Must be able to successfully consolidate competing priorities from stakeholders toward a singular goal.
- Must be able to prioritize work, meet specific deadlines, and make appropriate adjustments to changing circumstances as necessary
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) is essential.
Interested candidates please email a cover letter, resume, and salary history, with the “Manager, Homeless Systems Change" position title in the Subject line, to Hiring Recruiter at email@example.com
No phone calls please.
United Way of Greater Los Angeles is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or status as a veteran. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs.